James & Emily

CafeMom Tickers

Sunday 15 March 2009

camp

Earlier today I was reading some other blogs, one of them reminded me that I have to do some tax work :( so I planned to do that today. However, I accepted every excuse not to do this today haha. First I went to the gym, then I just had to read 3 newspapers, a long and relaxing bath, lunch with a friend and then of to my father for a visit.. and now it is almost bed time and I just got back home: joehoe, no tax work today... well, the next coming days I have enough time to work on it. 
Anyways when I was reading some of the other blogs earlier today, one of them had a music button; fab idea! With arms wide open from Creed, I even didn't know the band, but the band is great, lyrics are great and it just touched me.
So I thought I would send some camp feeling into the world. Here in Europe we have the Eurovision Song contest every year, the last time the Netherlands was in the final is years and years ago. But still, all the camp folks here in Holland get their hopes up when the song selection contest starts again. Here's the link to a vid of the Dutch and the British one... I usually cheer for both of them: have to keep my man happy :)
As you can see the Dutch one is very camp, and supposedly the act in the live show is going to be over the top with glittery costumes and things. The Brits took it a bit more serious, the singer is dead serious and cries a lot. Since Eastern Europe countries enter the contest none of the western European countries win.. or even make the final. So if you can't win, just poor some camp over your act and have fun! 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1HdGUNm6-qI =Creed With arms wide open
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=te1w81E8L5A =The Toppers Netherlands EuroVision 2009
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eADt1lFpmCA =Jade UK EuroVision 2009

No comments: