James & Emily

CafeMom Tickers

Monday 10 November 2008

so interesting.

Well, it's been a while since we first told people about the journey we where about to start. From that moment on, it's been a question we would regurlarly get from people. Unfortunately we didn't have anything to tell, nothing has changed, no one is pregnant, the eggies are still unsure, the legallities are still a big issue and we also haven't decided on names for a girl or a boy; big stress of course.
But then I noticed that people weren't asking this question as much anymore, which is a good thing, but at the same time; this whole thing consumes my sparetime at the moment, this is my life! And actually I want to be asked what the latest thing is on the issue, I want to be reassured that it will happen for us too, I would love it if other people would move mountains and walk over water to change laws. Yep, that does sound very self-centered and it is. I don't think I've ever started a journey so unsure of its outcome, but with an energy which can be compared with someone who knows that he will succeed. And we will. Will we? :)

Thursdaynight I will take a ferry to the UK, in the morning I'll pick up A's mum and we'll go to our hotel. Alexander will arrive fridaynight late by plane and Saturday is the wedding of A's cousin. I've heard that A's family is very excited to meet me (no I haven't met the whole family yet). I am excited to meet them of course, but at the same time I am a bit scared; Alexander made it sound like some of them never met a 'gay' (pronouncation think of Little Britain). O well, rural south west England here I come!

No comments: